Happy New Year friends!
I hope everyone had a great holiday season with loved ones. Like with every new year, setting goals is the norm to start a fresh start for a new page in our lives. This year I wanted to set goals that will bring intention in my life. Intentionally spent more time doing this and less time doing that. Intentionally focusing the time I spent with my boy and husband. Intentionally using my gifts and passions. I am not a great writer and I know that, so bear with me here! I hope what I am trying to communicate is translating into these sentences. There are four individual groups I set goals for. Personal Goals, Atticus Goals, Home Goals and Marriage Goals. This will help me be intentional with each one of them and give them my uninterrupted time when spend with each. In only the few short days this year has had, I have noticed a change in me. I truly want to change some aspects and unhealthy habits in my life. I see a lifestyle for myself and family this year. Thank you so much for all the support you all continuously give me through this space and my social media platforms. Hope to communicate more and more with you this year!
- Read More- Goal of four books a month
- Less Screen Time- Being intentional of how much time I spend on my phone.
- Gluten Free Diet- Health reasons, physically and mentally. Eat healthier.
- Start Taking Photography and Editing Classes- First class this monday!
- Weekly blog posts- I need to get better at this one!
- More community inside my house- dinners, play dates.
- Keep traveling with my family and plan one solo trip this year.
- Teaching him Spanish- Reading and talking through the day in Spanish.
- Start potty training- Wish me luck!
- Create a play area in the backyard- Wooden swing-slide set.
- Extracurricular classes- He is starting science this semester.
- More Disney trips!
- Keep working on his picky eating habits- Jesus take the wheel.
- Less cartoon/ TV time, more independent playing.
- Bathroom renovation- no more peeling tub!
- Backyard seating/entertaining area.
- Front of house landscaping.
- Create and inviting porch area- chairs and small table and a wooden swing bench!
- Laundry area- small cabinet and countertop.
- Keep practicing slow living and minimalism- It has been a stress relieve to not own a lot of things!
- Antique and thrift shop unique finds to fill the house with more character pieces.
- Date nights- Make a habit of monthly date nights.
- Spend afternoons reading a book together- less screen time!
- Keep working on communication and grace.
- Plan a trip getaway trip by ourselves!
I know more goals will pop up throughout the year and not all of them will go as perfect, but I will try my best! Keep scrolling to look at the beautiful pictures my friend Amanda took of us in our new-old house. I will cherish these photos forever!
Photos by Amanda Lenhardt Photography
Happy New Year!
I want to say how thankful I am for all of you who continue to support me through my goals and dreams and take time to visit my blog and say ‘hello’ over at my Instagram! I hope this year is filled with so many blessings and a happy and healthy life. I am ready to take over this year and start strong, do some life changes and be bold and fearless.
I received this lovely dress from Shabby Apple in one of my favorite colors, you know it! It is such a classic dress to have in your closet for different occasions. Other than the color, the length is an absolute favorite. I also made a furry friend while taking these pictures, which made it my favorite picture ever! Isn’t he so cute!?!
Happy New Year 2016!
Feliz Año Nuevo!
Quiero agradecer a todos ustedes que me han apoyado tanto y han tomado de su tiempo de visitar mi pagina y decir hola en mi Instagram. Gracias por ser parte de mi metas y sueños! Espero que este año este lleno de muchas bendiciones y una vida feliz y saludable. Estoy ready para iniciar este año con fuerza y sin ninguna miedo y cambiar cosas en mi vida.
Recibí este hermoso traje de Shabby Apple en uno de mis colores favoritos, ya tu sabes! Es un traje clásico que toda mujer debería tener en su closet para diferentes ocasiones. Además del hermoso color, el largo de el traje es perfecto para mi. Mientras tomábamos estas fotos hicimos un amiguito! No es el tan hermoso?!
dress- c/o Shabby Apple
heels- Crown Vintage
Photos by Amanda Lenhardt Photography
The new year is just a few days away and I know what we are thinking… New Year’s Resolutions! We start with a long list of things we want to change or start doing at the beginning of the year. But in the real world that list drops like two months in. Get on a diet, exercise more, be more healthy, read books, travel more and so on. I’ve been there, done that. We should think on one or two things that we really know we can accomplish, have a meaning in our lives and that will really help us to a better life. For me, I want to start a family, even though it scares the crap out of me haha. Keep traveling is always in my list and I make sure that always happens. Try to eat healthier because if I want to have a baby that is something that automatically has to happen, wish me good luck with that one!
I will be bringing in the new year with this beautiful 60s coat from Unique Vintage! High neck and polka dots they way to my heart. Now, Florida, get cold again please.
What is the most important thing you want to accomplish in 2016?
El nuevo año llegara tan pronto como par de días y ya se que estas pensando … resoluciones! Empezamos con la súper lista de cosas que queremos cambiar o empezar a hacer en el nuevo año. Pero en el mundo real esa lista se cae después de dos meses. Ponerse a dieta, hacer ejercicios, esta mas saludable, leer libros, viajar mas y por ahi sigue la lista. Yo he estado ahí! Debemos pensar en una o dos cosas que en verdad sabemos que tenemos el poder de cambiar y tiene un significado en acuerdo a la ruta de la vida en la que vas caminando. Para mi, quiero empezar una familia, y es algo que me asusta demasiado! Seguir viajando siempre esta en mi lista y me aseguro cada año que así sea. Comer mas saludable, ya que va a la mano de tener un mejor embarazo y mejor para el bebe. Deséame suerte en esa ultima!
Estar recibiendo el año nuevo con este precioso abrigo estilo 60s de Unique Vintage. Cuello alto y polka dots son el camino a mi corazón!
Cual es tu deseo mas importante pare el año 2016?
dress coat- c/o Unique Vintage
shoes- Crown Vintage