Happy New Year friends!
I hope everyone had a great holiday season with loved ones. Like with every new year, setting goals is the norm to start a fresh start for a new page in our lives. This year I wanted to set goals that will bring intention in my life. Intentionally spent more time doing this and less time doing that. Intentionally focusing the time I spent with my boy and husband. Intentionally using my gifts and passions. I am not a great writer and I know that, so bear with me here! I hope what I am trying to communicate is translating into these sentences. There are four individual groups I set goals for. Personal Goals, Atticus Goals, Home Goals and Marriage Goals. This will help me be intentional with each one of them and give them my uninterrupted time when spend with each. In only the few short days this year has had, I have noticed a change in me. I truly want to change some aspects and unhealthy habits in my life. I see a lifestyle for myself and family this year. Thank you so much for all the support you all continuously give me through this space and my social media platforms. Hope to communicate more and more with you this year!
- Read More- Goal of four books a month
- Less Screen Time- Being intentional of how much time I spend on my phone.
- Gluten Free Diet- Health reasons, physically and mentally. Eat healthier.
- Start Taking Photography and Editing Classes- First class this monday!
- Weekly blog posts- I need to get better at this one!
- More community inside my house- dinners, play dates.
- Keep traveling with my family and plan one solo trip this year.
- Teaching him Spanish- Reading and talking through the day in Spanish.
- Start potty training- Wish me luck!
- Create a play area in the backyard- Wooden swing-slide set.
- Extracurricular classes- He is starting science this semester.
- More Disney trips!
- Keep working on his picky eating habits- Jesus take the wheel.
- Less cartoon/ TV time, more independent playing.
- Bathroom renovation- no more peeling tub!
- Backyard seating/entertaining area.
- Front of house landscaping.
- Create and inviting porch area- chairs and small table and a wooden swing bench!
- Laundry area- small cabinet and countertop.
- Keep practicing slow living and minimalism- It has been a stress relieve to not own a lot of things!
- Antique and thrift shop unique finds to fill the house with more character pieces.
- Date nights- Make a habit of monthly date nights.
- Spend afternoons reading a book together- less screen time!
- Keep working on communication and grace.
- Plan a trip getaway trip by ourselves!
I know more goals will pop up throughout the year and not all of them will go as perfect, but I will try my best! Keep scrolling to look at the beautiful pictures my friend Amanda took of us in our new-old house. I will cherish these photos forever!
Photos by Amanda Lenhardt Photography
Happy new year everyone! I hope the holidays were great with your family and loved ones. This year I want to make it a great one, a happier and healthier one. Small changes in your lifestyle and around you really do help the way you feel and keep a positive mind. One of things I love doing is changing things around my home or adding one thing that changes the feel of the whole room. I believe in quality over quantity and it’s something that I want to live fully this year. Things have to have a purpose or bring joy to my life.
A new addition to my home is my Lorena Canals Rug and is one with a purpose and sparks joy in my life. The number one thing I love about the Lorena Canals Rugs is that they are machine-washable! With a toddler running around with food on his hand and mouth or trying to pull cups of tables, this rugs is a life saver. Also, if you have pets and they think rugs are grass… oops. Yes, already happened! I just put it in the wash and it was like brand new! And it fits into a standard washers and dyers. Another favorite is how soft they are, they just get softer and softer. Of course the design I love! They have a variety of designs to go with different styles and rooms, kids and adults. The rugs are handmade in India, designed in Spain, with all natural dyes, eco-friendly and contain no VOCs like most carpeting and rugs. I would recommend this rug to everyone, parents and not parents. It is a great addition to a nursery, a kid’s play room or any room of the house. It is a must have to add to your baby registry. I promise you would love it! I added to my living room because it’s the area we are most of the day playing, eating, watching TV and “me time” when baby boy is napping.
Lorena Canals Rugs offer other products additional to rugs. You can fine beautiful Washable Cushions, Wall Decor, Baskets and Blankets on their website. I think I need a washable cushion from them next! Am I the only one or cushion gets so dirty in your home? Especially when you try to put a plate on them and eat while watching TV….
Another great quality about Lorena Canals Rugs is that they give to a cause by giving proceeds to support the Sakula project to provide schooling for children in India. You can read more about their social mission here.
*I received product compliments of Lorena Canals Rugs.*
Happy weekends friends! Until next time.
This is probably my favorite room in the house! I was so excited to finally take some pictures of baby Atticus’ nursery and share with everyone. We definitely had so much fun putting this room together. Home decor is a great passion of mine and I am happy to share this passion with my husband. However, we are not fans of traditional nursery decor. We always wanted our nursery to be based on woodland animals such as foxes, bears, bunnies! Also, we wanted to keep in neutral colors, gray, black and white with hints of golden-yellow.
You will find me sitting comfortably in the rocking chair because I love this room so much and the only thing that needs is the baby boy to be here.
Mishu is curious about this room, she definitely loves the rug!
Crib- Walmart (I know right!)
Quilt- Not Sew Strange c/o
Animal Prints- Coco & James
Camera- Nest Cam
Rocking chair- Ikea
Mobile, Plant Stand and Side Table- DIY
Changing Pad Cover- New Mom Designs c/o
Wall Decor- Hobby Lobby
Letter Board- Letterfolk
Milk Onesie- Cheerily
Diaper Bag- Fawn Design